Top Ten Tuesday: Books I've Recently Added to my TBR List

Joining back in with the fantastic meme from The Broke and the Bookish. This week the Top Ten Tuesday is books I have recently added to my TBR list.  Now any book worm knows that the to be read list grows more then it shrinks. I often find that my list feels a bit daunting but I love the lure of a new book. 

So my list has grown at an alarming rate now I'm gearing up to return to the school library world. I have done half a list of young adult read and half books I am hope to read from my own personal collection. 



1. The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

This keeps popping up on my instagram feed in various post from other book enthusiasts and even a sponsored audible post. This actually was released on my birthday last year but I've only started seeing some buzz now I am back into more young adult reading. The sequel is released on the 9th of February so I'd like to try read it before Glass Swords comes out. One review on good reads proclaimed it an X-Men Dystopian story so that has hooked me in already!

2. A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab 

I was tipped off to this by another blogger. This is a fantasy story that takes place in four versions of London. I love that it is set in a UK and I can't resit a good young adult fantasy to add to the school library . 

3. Jekyll's Mirror by William Hussey 

I stumbled open this in the teen section of my local library and as I love the Robert Louis Stevenson original inspiration I could not resist picking this up.  This a modern re-imagining using social media as the tool to create the nastier side. I think I'll race through this one. 


4. Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver

I enjoyed the Delirum series by Oliver and this story sounds utterly different so I really want to see how Oliver deals with a different genre. This story is about two sisters whose lives are dramatically altered by a terrible accident that leaves one of them with facial scaring. 

5. The Death House by Sarah Pinborough 

I've seen a few reviews of this book appear on my goodreads feed and initially it looked like another dystopian story but this isn't about challenging the oppression in society instead its about the love that blossoms between those who have been deemed 'defective' by society. I think it sounds like a riveting read. 

6. Angel of Storms by Trudi Canvan 

I had completely missed the release of the sequel to Thief's Magic. Although it took me a while to get into the first one in this series I love pretty much anything Trudi puts her name on so I just can't ignore this new release. 

7. The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith 

I resisted reading the crime fiction by J.K Rowling under her pseudonym as Galbraith just in case I was disappointed. It is no secret that I love the Harry Potter series so I was a bit concerned. However it doesn't feel like Rowling wrote this at all. To be truthful it might as well be written by a man called Galbraith as it feels like a completely different style. I loved the first one and with the release of the third last year I need to hurry up and read the second so I can be up to date for the third. 

8. The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson 

I read the Mistborn trilogy last year and I honestly loved it. The fantasy that Sanderson created was on another level and I was transported into the world he created effortlessly. This is another installment in the Mistborn world. It is set 300 years later so I am yet to decide if I need to re-read the other 3. Thankfully I can remember quite alot so I am probably going to risk it. I got this for Christmas so it keeps beckoning me from the shelf. 

9.  The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson 

Ok I know it is another Brandon Sanderson but it was another Christmas present so it got added to my list to read when I was bought this by wonderful husband. He had clearly heard me waxing lyrical about the Mistborn trilogy. I started this a few weeks back but got distracted by life so I am hoping to get into it again soon. 

10. The Lake House by Kate Morton 

I completely missed the release of this new Kate Morton. I always enjoy escaping into the twisting tales she weaves and I know this will be a relaxing book to read that won't be too complex for my tired mummy brain to escape into. 





What is on your TBR list at the moment?

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I finally read it and really enjoyed it. Although I don't think she has ever matched The House at Riverton!

      Delete

Post a Comment