Librarian Lydia



I almost did not remember to make a huge change (for me) to this blog. When I started this blog I had just embarked on my career in librarianship. I had started a graduate trainee ship and a Post-grad Diploma in Information and Library management.

It was a bit of a risk to be honest. I quit a job that, although dull, was well paid. I chose to do a course that cost a substantial amount of money and a job that didn't pay a huge wage on the off chance I wanted to be a librarian. I was pretty confident it was the career for me. Within a few weeks of both the job and the course I discovered an emotion I had never known. That feeling of knowing I was doing exactly what I wanted for my job. I can honestly say this is the job for me and I love each day even with all its different challenges.

So what is the change I mentioned at the start. That change is to finally remove the (in training) from the title off the blog as I am officially qualified as a librarian! I currently do not know my exact passing mark but I do know that I am now a librarian in qualification as well as job role. I am so thrilled with this accomplishment and that even though it was a risk it really has paid off. Now I can focus on my new school library and making the most of being in a job I feel made for.





Comments

  1. Congrats! It's great that you love what you do :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment