Top Ten Tuesday: Books to Read this Season

Today sees my link up to my first book related linky! This one is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and sees a different book related top ten each week. This week they are looking at the top ten books on to read lists this fall (Autumn). As I have a mammoth to read list this was only difficult because I had to narrow it down so much.



1. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

This is the first in the Mortal Instruments series and I have wanted to read it for a really long time but have just not found the time or managed to get my hands on it! As the movie is out now I know the series is going to be a hit with loads of hype. I wish I had read it before so I don't hear any spoilers but never mind. It's a fantasy series which makes it even more my cup of tea - See what I thought in my review.

2. Gone by Micheal Grant

Another series I have been waiting to read because there are 5 books to get through. I have seen how popular this has been with the students and have also had many adults rave about them to me. Set in a world where everyone over the age of 15 disappears. No one knows where they go and technology goes with them so there is no way to find out. This series is another one right up my street. Have a look at my review of Gone to see what I thought.

3. Abandon by Meg Cabot

AGAIN another opener to a series however thankfully just a trilogy. This has intrigued me as I have never seen anything that Meg Cabot has written that really appeals to me. Usually her books are a tad too girly for my tastes. However Abandon has intrigued me. The updated story of Persephone and Hades in the modern day will hopefully make for a great read!

4. The Disappearances by Gemma Malley

I loved The Killables and have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of The Disappearances. It was released in April this year so I am not too late in getting round to reading it. Hopefully it continues the story well and doesn't disappoint. This story reunites Evie, Raffy and Lucas as they work together to solve the disappearances of the teenagers.

5. Divergent by Veronica Roth

Yes I know I should have read this by now! Considering I actually recommend it to students it's about time I actually saw what it was about. I am utterly convinced I am going to love it. The start of a trilogy with the third being released later this year. Another dystopian mystery! Have a look at my review on the blog

6.The Kingmaker's Daughter by Phillipa Gregory

I plan to read this as it just seems wrong not to completely finish a series. I enjoyed the first 3 stories and want to see how the story rounds off as it feels unfinished to me. Told from the point of view of Anne Neville as her husband Richard III is involved in the controversy surrounding his coronation and the mysterious disappearances of his nephews the princes in the tower.

7. The Outsiders by Michelle Paver

Another newbie and another series but one I think I will greatly enjoy. I still haven't manage to read her highly recommended series The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness but I hope to give this new one a go. Myths, Magic, Gods and Warriors what more could a fantasy fan ask for?

8. The Selection by Kiera Cass

I am not 100% sure about this one yet as the blurb left much to be desired but it was recommended by a student so I should probably give it a chance.

9. My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece by Annabel Pitcher

A heartbreaking and sad story of a young boy as he and his family struggle to cope with the unexpected loss of his sister. The only reason I haven't started this yet is I am worried it will be too sad! (The only non series book on my list)

10. Starters by Lissa Price

I recently came across this book in a library session. The blurb intrigued me as the plot seems very unique. A world where teenagers rent there bodies to adults who want to be young again. But when the person who uses Callie's body goes down a path of destruction Callie must figure out a way to stop her before its too late.

Currently reading: Abandon by Meg Cabot 

Comments

  1. Good list, I also want to read Gone, Starters and The Selection although I'm also not entirely sold on the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know why I am not sure about the Selection. I am worried it will be too much like romantic fiction. A friend has assured me I will enjoy it though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment