The One with all the Forgotten Posts

The One with Sprinklers and Nettles

One of my favourite places to run where I live is the race course. When its not in use its a lovely quiet place to go. I have been running on and off at the races for nearly 2 years. I have obviously been very fortunate during these previous runs. Today my luck ran out after running half way round the race course the timed sprinkler system came on around the whole course. Needless to say I got soaked. On one hand it was really annoying on the other it reminded me of being a kid with my siblings getting our dad to have water fights with us in the garden. Loved it to be honest. However my joy was turned to sorrow when I stumbled out the races and scratched my arm on some nettles definitely brought back less pleasant childhood memories.

Juneathon Progress: 3 miles with 1 mile sub 10 minutes woop

The One I Missed

I had an interview yesterday and as a result on Tuesday I decided not to run. My reasoning for this was that I wasn't going to wash my hair again as I'd had by hair washed and cut. This in hindsight was a stupid reason as when I got up I ended up washing my hair anyway. But no harm done just sadly brings my total to 2 Juneathon Days missed!

The One with the Rain

Eugh! Running in torrential rain is hideous. I started my run in great spirits, the weather had the lovely feel I personally enjoy when running- not too hot or too cold! However, 1 mile into my run the heavens opened and I got drenched. The rain was so heavy I could barely see where I was going. I only ran 2.5 miles as I just couldn't face anymore time in the rain. After a long day with an interview in however, I was pleased to get a run in!

Juneathon Progress: A drenched 2.5 miles

Juneathon Stats: Day 12 - 26.5 miles

Currently Reading: The Voice of the Gods by Trudi Canavan

Comments