Yummy Cookies

My sister Natasha makes possibly the best cookies I have ever tasted.  My husband is pretty much in love with them so I wanted to be able to make them.

My darling sister sent me a link to this recipe which is the one to follow if you want fat chewy cookies. The main adaptation is to add either Rolo’s or Smarties. Firstly for those worried that cookies are too difficult or too time consuming to bake they are possibly the quickest and easiest thing I have ever baked.  My oven was the main cause of my problems as it never seems to be at the right temperature.

I find you can actually throw all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together until you get a mixture that looks quite gooey. You then need to spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture onto a greaseproof paper covered tray. DO NOT pat the cookies down and try to resist to the temptation to add more than a table spoon as if you do they go massive (obviously do this if you want cookies as big as your head).

Now you have the cookie blobs on a tray add 3-4 Rolo’s per cookie depending on the level of caramel you want in the cookie. Below Is an example of my what happens if you pat the cookies they came out VERY large as you can see from the next picture!
 
Ready to Bake

 After you have squashed the Rolo’s into the cookies place them in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Depending on your oven you may choose to keep them in longer. But they need to be out of the oven feeling gooey to the touch not runny.
 
Very Large Rolo Cookies

Next Leave the cookies on the try for no longer then 3-5 minutes. If you do leave them on longer you will produce rock hard cookies. This is because the heat from the tray continues to cook the cookies whilst they remain on it.  After no more then 5 mins tip your tray over on a wire rack and leave to cool. If transporting the cookies do not cover with a lid if they are still hot as again this will make them go hard (this was my sisters tip)

 
Smarties Cookies
Sit back and enjoy the complements you get for your delicious cookies!


Comments