Hello 2013!

Reflections, resolutions and Janathon!


As its the first day of 2013 I thought it would be a great idea to reflect on 2012 and to decide on some resolutions. I don't always stick to my resolutions but maybe if I post them on a blog I might do!

2012 started off with me in a job I greatly disliked and no ideas on how to leave or what to do if I could leave. So it is with great joy I can say that the start of 2013 begins with me in a job I love and a plan to study more to gain a qualification and become a librarian. I am so thankful to be able to say i love my job and I have been grateful for the continuing support of my husband. Not only did he support me taking a job that pays me less than half then I earned in the call centre but he also actively encouraged me to spend the little I earned studying a masters . I am not sure I would have been brave enough to take such leaps of faith without his unwavering support! That's all the slush in this post I promise.

Although there have been many other highlights in 2012 this has by far been the greatest change for me and has had the most positive outcomes. I am excited to see what 2013 holds for my job and course.

I have done many things this year which has sparked some of my resolutions!

I read 60 books in 2012 :)

This is a personal best for me and is one I doubt I will match ever again but I am attempting to read 50 books in 2013!

I  ran my first half marathon in October 2012 and really enjoyed the challenge. This year I hope to run 2 halves.  To get me off to a good start in 2013 with my running I have signed up to do Janathon. This is where you run daily and blog about it. Some blogs will be short and sweet and simply about the distance I ran. Others may be part of a larger blog post like this one.
I ran a chilly 2 miles this morning to ease myself in gently to my half marathon training!

Finally and the biggest resolution I have at the moment is that I am going to attempt to learn to drive. I have built up learning to drive so much I am now a bag nerves but it is about time I commit to learning again. I am sure a blog will be posted about this particular adventure.

I have other resolutions but I shall post about them another time.

Wishing you all a happy and fulfilled new year!

 Currently Reading: Syren by Angie Sage

Comments