Book Review: Who Could That Be At This Hour?















Lemony Snicket is back.

Back with a new series after the huge success of his 13 strong Series of Unfortunate Events. Although a children's authour he writes in such a way that his books are entertaining for adults and children alike.  This book is the first in a new series aptly titled All the Wrong Questions. It provides more insight into the mysterious life of the beguiling Snicket whilst telling a story that is fast paced funny and captivating.

This book is for book lovers. Many references are aimed at the adult reader and helps the book cross that difficult boundary in being able to grip all age readers. For me the inclusion of a library pivitol to the plot was something that I loved.

I read this book in one sitting. Some of that was because I needed to get it back to the Library so the kids could enjoy it but more so then anything else I was hooked.
Full of exciting places, curious incidents and deliciously familiar Snicket esque characters that keep you turning the pages intrigued to find out what happens next.


If you have read any other books by Snicket then you will recognise his familier style immediately from this first chapter. The story is at its simpliest a detective story but in true Snicket style it is full of twists and turns that entertain you throughout. I thought I had answers to the wrong questions but it turns out my answers were wrong and now I will have wait eagerly for the second in the quartet to be written!

I am debating re-reading the whole Series of Unfortunate Events just to give me by Snicket fill whilst I wait for the next book.

For fans of Snicket this is a must read



Currently Reading: Syren by Angie Sage



Comments